When it comes to menstrual health, there are a number of options to choose from. With the latest buzz about an eco-friendly approach, options like cloth pads and menstrual cups are becoming highly popular. However, the disposable menstrual pad or sanitary pad still has a large number of benefits which cannot be overlooked.
Here are 5 Powerful reasons why you should switch to Disposable Menstrual Pads:
1. Convenience: A sanitary pad is the perfect option for the busy, independent working woman of today. She doesn’t need to worry about staining (if she has chosen the right pad for her period). Also, she doesn’t need to worry about cleaning up. Cloth pads require immense care. They need to be soaked and washed. Not all of them are machine-friendly either. This means that women need to make time for them and that can be quite a challenge in today’s competitive, fast-paced world.
2. Availability: Disposable pads are easily available. You can get them at your local chemist or departmental store. This means that even if you are not carrying them on you, you can always find them in case of an emergency. On the other hand, cloth pads and other menstrual products are a little tougher to source. A lot of these products are not commonly seen in shops. They need to be ordered online or bought from specific stores. The result? If your period sneaks up on you (as they infamously do), you may have a problem.
3. Budget: Alternatives to disposable pads have a higher initial cost. This deters women who are on a budget. Disposable pads cost much less per piece as compared to cloth pads or even menstrual cups.
4. Hygiene: Supporters of alternative menstrual products will tell you how they are more hygienic. And perhaps on some level, some of them are. What people forget to mention however, is that this hygiene is your responsibility. Only yours. If you’re in a rush one day and don’t clean your alternate product properly, you are opening up yourself to a host of infections. Similarly, if you don’t dry them properly. With disposable menstrual pads however, you eliminate this risk completely.
5. Leak Prevention: Disposable menstrual pads win hands down in this regard. The basic function of a pad is to prevent leakage and cloth pads are not entirely reliable in this regard. Disposable pads on the other hand are known to prevent leaks, giving women greater peace of mind.
The disposable menstrual pad has evolved over the years. Today you have pads in every size, shape and thickness that you may require. Take a look at the wide range of pads that we at Stay Sure offer.
At the end of the day, it always boils down to personal choice and comfort. However, your own health also needs to be a priority. Don’t try half-baked home remedies. These lead to serious health problems. Take a look at our new campaign for more information.